Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The time has come

Officially 39weeks 4 days... Unofficially 40 weeks 4days. It is amazing that we have spent 5 years dreaming about being parents. It is amazing in those instances that you think about the pregnancy and that is perhaps as far as your thoughts get because that accomplishment alone is daunting and seemingly impossible.
So many things fell into place in order for us to get to this point:
1. There was an error in the Aetna insurance policy that grouped North Carolina with Virginia DC and Maryland requiring them to cover fertility treatment
2. I went for a job interview for the job of my dreams and so I was eligible for this insurance
3. I graduated a semester later which allowed this job opportunity to open up
4. I started my first blog which helped me to receive an invite to appear of the State of Things at which time I met Dr. Meyers from Carolina Conceptions
5. I called Carolina Conceptions and was connected with Dr. John Parks. He was thorough and young and innovative.
6. We found out what the real problems were. After two surgeries, countless clomid, femera, tamoxifen, and injectible cycles...it was never going to work because the problem was deeper.
7. We found a doctor that would take his time with us and get us a step closer to being parents.
8. Our faith in God grew ...and grew... and grew...
9. At 34 weeks it seemed as if our little guy was ready to make his grand entrance a little early...but with a little bed rest and some activity modification he made it.
10. At 36 weeks...My blood pressure started to fluctuate and I was put on modified bed rest.
11. At 37 weeks...the fluctuations were worse and I was put on complete bed rest.
12. At 39 weeks...the doctors decide to induce...which will happen on Friday
So now our thoughts have transitioned to being parents and all the responsibility that that title carries with it. So we are here. On Friday at 6am...we will start a short journey that will deliver our big little guy.
We are overwhelmed and so appreciative of all the folks that care about us and our growing family. After 3 baby showers and 100's of gifts and 1000's of phone calls...we just can't keep up. I dont know how else to say THANK YOU for helping us to celebrate our miracle. We thought we might not ever get here and now in less than 48 hours we will be parents.
THANK YOU GOD! One thing that we are sure of is that God has not brought us this far to leave us!

No comments:

Post a Comment